Monday, July 17, 2006

Walk the Line

Last night I watched the DVD Walk the Line, a story of the early life of Johnny Cash.

Early in the movie Johnny is trying to get a local record label, Sun Records, to take him and his two bandmembers on. They have played a gospel tune, something about "Jaysus", and it is obvious the man isn't impressed.

In desperation Johnny asks, "Well, what do you want?"

And the man says, in one of those lines that give me goosebumps:

If you was hit by a truck, and you was lyin’ out in that gutter dyin’, and you had time to sing one song, one song that would let God know what you felt about your time here on earth, one song that would sum you up, that’s the kind of song that truly saves people.

I'm interested - what would that song be?
(and, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't have to be a worship song)

I'll have to think about it a while, but I'll let you know.

No comments: